Airport construction is a key part of Burns’ practice. We have designed billions of dollars worth of construction for commercial airports and military air stations throughout the world. Our expertise in airport systems engineering has gained the firm national recognition.
Burns’ experienced staff of aviation experts are well-versed in the demands placed on airport systems, and can engineer solutions to help ensure reliable and efficient operation. Our understanding of the operational and technological needs of airports has enabled us to provide our clients with integrated and customized design solutions that ensure safe and efficient passenger travel.
- Airfield lighting and navigational aids
- Terminals and site infrastructure
- Security, technology and special systems
- Aircraft support systems and facilities including ground service equipment (GSE) maintenance buildings, cargo and hangar buildings, and deicing facilities
- Rental car facilities and parking garages
- Other airport tenants including airlines and retail/food/beverage concessions
- Energy modeling and conservation
- Voluntary Airport Low Emissions (VALE) project implementation
- Construction management and resident engineering
View our Aviation brochure.
After over 25 years of service, the airfield lighting system infrastructure on Runway 9R-27L…
In order to service the dramatic expansion of US Airways’ European flights to and…