Confidential Hospital, Environment of Care and Life Safety MEP Compliance Survey
A major Level 1 trauma center in New York contracted Burns to perform a visual inspection of select MEP facilities throughout the hospital campus.
Utilizing the hospital’s Life Safety drawings, Burns conducted above-ceiling inspection services, developed a comprehensive survey report and offered corrective-action recommendations.
The survey identified:
- Fire wall penetrations and necessary firestop repairs,
- Missing junction box covers,
- Existing wires incorrectly attached to sprinkler piping,
- Smoke detectors within unacceptable proximity to ventilation registers,
- Broken or stained ceiling tiles.
Burns photographed each non-compliance issue and identified their location on an architectural floor plan, enabling hospital maintenance staff to promptly implement corrective actions.
When the time came, the hospital passed the EOC and LS inspections without incident.
Similar projects include leading the LS compliance strategy for a Florida hospital’s medical gas vacuum system.< Back to Projects