Director of Washington DC Region
Throughout Derek’s 30-year career, he has developed a disciplined and total-quality management approach to his projects, which is why his transit clients trust him to solve their toughest communication system integration needs. His experience in the public mass transit arena gives him the knowledge and credibility to build solid relationships with his clients at all levels throughout their organizations – from engineering to contracts, and service planning to operations – and help them deliver modern, dependable, safe and affordable transportation alternatives to their communities. Derek is a proven leader, handling complex situations with tact and finesse, and creating innovative and forward-thinking project solutions.
Derek has collaborated on the following projects
- SEPTA Media Sharon Hill Line, Communications-Based Train Control
- SEPTA Real-Time Vehicle Location (RTVL) and Passenger Information
- Statewide Interoperable Public Safety APCO Project, Trunked Voice Radio Systems for the State of Illinois (STARCOM21) and the State of Maine (MSCommNet)
- CAD/AVL, Passenger Information, and Fleet Voice Communications for Various Public Transit Agencies (San Diego, San Francisco, Calgary, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Charlotte, Memphis)
- Passenger-Track Intrusion Detection System for SEPTA