Burns Supports LAX Automated People Mover Systems
Burns is joining the team designing and building a new Automated People Mover (APM) system at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Once complete, the project will connect LAX with the regional transit system, as well as new off-site parking, pick-up/drop-off areas and a Consolidated Rent-A-Car facility.
Burns will apply our detailed understanding of technical security system integration requirements at LAX to support operation of the 2.25-mile long electric train system.
Our involvement builds upon specialized project management services Burns currently provides for Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA).
Burns’ role in the APM project includes:
- Extension of the LAX access control system.
- Deployment and interconnection of a new video management system with existing closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems.
- Implementation of a new public address (PA) system and its interface with existing PA systems.
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) for power systems including on-site solar generation.
- Automation, monitoring and backup power for facility operations including fire protection, information technology, lighting, elevator, escalator and moving walkway systems as well as heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC).
The APM is LAWA’s first public-private partnership project. Burns is supporting LAX Integrated Express Solutions (LINXS), the private partner teaming with LAWA to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the APM system.