Orlando International Airport Terminal C Opens to the Public
Burns is proud of our role bringing to life the leading-edge technology systems on display at Orlando International Airport’s Terminal C.
Burns led technology, multimedia and special-systems engineering for the $2.8-billion project, the first LEED®v4 airport campus. Amenities and enhanced systems throughout the 15-gate terminal expand airport capacity by 25 percent, expedite passenger processing, uphold the highest security standards, and provide entertainment during traveler dwell times.
The terminal’s noteworthy technology systems include:
- Virtual Ramp Control (VRC) systems
- Advanced Visual Docking Guidance Systems (A-VDGS)
- 100% automated security screening and facial recognition capabilities
- Large-scale multimedia installations
- Passive fiber-optic network
Multimedia features include a 360-degree immersive experience that take visitors to iconic locations around Florida, alongside marine life, and even to the surface of Mars.
Read more about the Orlando International Airport South Terminal Complex.