Houston Airport System, Professional Information Technology Consulting Services
Burns developed a strategy to implement fifth generation (5G) wireless network technology at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
Houston Airport System (HAS) operates three public airports within the City of Houston. To capitalize on the speed, capacity and performance features of a private 5G network, HAS turned to Burns to develop a 5G Readiness Plan.
The assessment involved:
- Identifying potential 5G users and operational applications;
- Selecting the appropriate technology architecture;
- Detailing the scope of required infrastructure modifications and potential impacts on stakeholders, business processes and facilities;
- Determining the most expeditious 5G procurement strategy; and
- Supporting the HAS procurement process to ensure successful 5G implementation.
A 5G Network is expected to facilitate greater adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and expand service performance throughout IAH. Possible IoT applications include sensor networks for building systems and asset tracking.
Previous projects for HAS include leading communications and technology design for the IAH Mickey Leland International Terminal.< Back to Projects