University of Pennsylvania and Hospital Campus Utility Master Plan
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is a world-class healthcare institution and a hub for cancer, neurosciences, cardiac care, and many other specialties. The 2.5 million SF, 15-building complex is in the heart of the University Campus.
Burns is providing utility planning, energy consulting and engineering services for the development of a Campus Utility Master Plan.
The Utility Master Plan includes the electrical, steam, and chilled water. The objectives of this master plan are:
- Generate a current record of the utility systems on campus
- Develop an appropriately phased plan for equipment and distribution system additions in support of the campus master plan, as well as for future replacements, modifications, and upgrades
- Analyze and evaluate the current chilled water system and develop optimized parameters for operation
- Evaluate options and develop a long-term vision/plan (i.e. 20-50 years) for the future of the utility and energy systems and their associated infrastructure
- Develop a long-term utility assessment and preventative maintenance plan