John E. Burns, PE, LEED® AP
At a young age, John realized how great it is to work with people who love engineering, and who enjoy the process of creating solutions for many unique aspects of transportation infrastructure. As the Chief Operating Officer, John is at the center of Burns’ transformation from a small family business to a firm that handles world-class projects. John makes sure that a critical part of our culture – giving a personal touch to each and every project and employee – is maintained and fostered as the firm grows. John is a mentor and a role model to many of Burns’ young engineers.
John has collaborated on the following projects
- South Terminal Redevelopment at Denver International Airport
- Physical and Electronic Security Upgrades, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington
- Los Angeles International Airport, Runway 7L-25R Runway Safety Area Improvements
- On-Call Engineering Contracts for The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- General Engineering Consultant Contract for City of Philadelphia, Division of Aviation