Los Angeles International Airport, Automated People Mover
Burns supported the design and system integration of a new Automated People Mover (APM) system at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The project connects LAX with the regional transit system as well as new off-site parking, pick-up/drop-off areas, and a Consolidated Rent-A-Car facility.
Burns’ role in the APM project included:
- Extension of the LAX access control system.
- Design, deployment, and interconnection of a new video management system with the existing airport surveillance system.
- Implementation of a new public address (PA) system and its interface with existing PA systems.
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) for communications systems and power systems monitoring and controls, including the on-site solar photovoltaic system.
- Quality assurance, testing and commissioning of network and communication systems.
- Preparation for system operation and maintenance.
The APM is LAWA’s first public-private partnership project. Burns is supporting LAX Integrated Express Solutions (LINXS), the private partner teaming with LAWA to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the APM system.
The LAX APM builds upon the specialized project management services Burns provides for Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA). Other APM experience includes recent projects completed at Tampa International Airport and Orlando International Airport.< Back to Projects