Burns designed 10 Megawatts (MW) of solar arrays across three Southeast Baltimore warehouse facilities.
To take advantage of generous state and federal incentives for rooftop solar PV, three warehouse facilities in Baltimore, Maryland partnered with Miller Bros. for a turnkey solar design and construction solution.
Supporting Miller Bros., Burns designed the layout and electrical infrastructure for the ballasted arrays, coordinating with a structural consultant to maximize available rooftop space while maintaining the facility’s structural integrity. Design services included:
- Plans for all electrical routing, utility interconnection points, array grounding, cable tray routing, installation details, and inverters
- Layout of bifacial PV modules on a fixed-tilt ballasted racking system
- String calculations, stringing diagrams, and inverter sizing
- Data acquisition systems, including weather stations, metering, and inverter data recording
- Short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies
The project completed construction in 2023.
Previous projects include solar installation designs or consulting services for the Delaware River Port Authority, Santa Fe Community College, and Highland Park, New Jersey.